TOOLS & TRAININGS
The Alliance is committed to developing the leadership of community members most affected by economic and racial inequities. Our training program empowers emerging grassroots leaders to make progressive change in their communities.
Alliance core trainings include:
- community organizing skills such as outreach and recruitment, power analysis, campaign strategy, action theory and planning, turnout and fundraising, leadership development and time management
- trainer’s skills such as facilitation and public speaking
- running campaigns that put racial justice front and center
- financial management for directors, administrative staff, board chairs and treasurers.
“Once social change begins it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person that has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore.” – Cesar Chavez
Justice Leadership Academy
The Justice Leadership Academy (JLA) is a new program that provides leadership training and support for JLA Community Fellows, a select group of community organizers and leaders. This intensive year-long training program gives Fellows the opportunity to:
- write materials that dissect political and economic issues
- train other staff and leaders
- move economic and racial justice campaigns forward
JLA serves to expand the training and organizing capacity of the Alliance’s affiliate organizations and educate grassroots members across a wide geography about economic justice issues with an emphasis on the role that race plays in creating and worsening inequities.